I can’t believe the year is almost up – only 4 more months of 2019, and then we enter the great 2020. Having lived in and around Estero Florida for more than 20 years now, one question I get asked a lot about is – what are your favorite restaurants in Estero Florida? Because of season and the nature of the area, unfortunately some businesses (particularly restaurants) seem to come and go more quickly than others, but here are my top 5 places to eat in Estero:
1) Hurricane’s – Located inside Coconut Point mall, Hurricane’s is the perfect place to grab a simple bite to eat, and a cold beer, with friends and family. The wait staff is fantastic and home-grown, it frequently features regulars who love and work in our area, it has a great beer selection, and their food is always made fresh and quickly. It’s an inexpensive quick meal with friends is what you’re looking for – look no further than Hurricane’s.
2) South Fork Grille – Also located inside Coconut Point Mall, South Fork is one of the best local restaurants throughout all of Southwest Florida – not just Estero. The menu is very consistent, and they stick to culinary staples, fish, steak, pork, etc. I’ve never had a bad meal here and their appetizers and deserts are also delicious. It is a bit more upscale than a Hurricane’s though – with an average entree of around $20+ and a style and ambiance that is both high end, but not intimidating – so be sure to wear business casual attire if you decide to eat here.
3) Angelina’s Ristorante – Delicious Arancini, Calamari, and more this fine italian restaurant has everything you could want and more. With over 400 five star reviews and a beautiful ambiance inside, it’s the perfect date restaurant.
4) The Other Side (British Open Pub) – on the north side of the british open pub, right at the corner of old 41 and 41 (north end) is The Other Side – sharing a kitchen with the british open pub, this archetypal British restaurant has delicious dishes, meticulously prepared. For a more relaxed atmosphere, good beer, and great liver and onions, check out the British Open Pub as well.
5) – California Pizza Kitchen – FROM A LEGENDARY PIZZA TO A GLOBAL BRAND – CPK opened theirfirst restaurant In Beverly Hills in 1985. Former federal prosecutors Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax combined their passion for food with fresh high-quality ingredients to create innovative, hearth-baked pizzas such as The Original BBQ Chicken, Thai Chicken, and Jamaican Jerk Chicken, cooked in an open kitchen. The restaurant gave California a place in the pizza pantheon alongside Chicago and New York. Our California twist on global flavors resonated with guests, and almost immediately, CPK became a bustling spot for business and family gatherings.